Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Class today FTB

So yeah class today was really interesting.  I really liked the gothic, romantic, and horror aspect of the class. Seeing how the three collided in the movie was really interesting and actually easy to see after we researched them.  As of right now I'm not dreading reading this book like I did during TVS, I think seeing the three aspects of the novel work together through the narration is going to be entertaining. 

2 comments:

  1. Can anyone explain to Zach what Gothic, Horror, and/or Romantic are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gothic literature first tends to make a dark/mysterious setting usually in a mansion, which is apparent in the first page of the book. It tries to make a sense on unease and there are elements of romance. Romantic literature is more of an emotional/imaginative form, where imagination is superior to reason. Horror in todays society is depicted in the wrong way, where it's supposed to be more of a painful intense feelings and afflict and emotional reaction on the viewer. What i thought was interesting is how they could all connect into one.

    ReplyDelete